Chrono is the main character in the Japanese manga and animation series, "Chrono Crusade." Although Chrono is a demon, Chrono fights on the side of good, helping Rosette Christopher to defeat evil spirits and rescue her kidnapped brother. In his human form, Chrono has purple hair and is known for his flowing red jacket and cape. You can copy this look by either finding similar clothing items or by making your own costume pieces from a pattern.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Challenging
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Shoulder-length purple or blond wig
- Purple hair dye
- Long hair braid or hair extensions
- Yellow ribbon
- Safety pins
- Red cloth
- Black long-sleeved shirt
- White short-sleeved dress shirt
- Red knee-length shorts or a pattern for red shorts
- Black cloth
- Black suspenders
- Long red jacket or a pattern for a jacket
- Red capelet or a pattern for a capelet
- Gold or yellow button
- Yellow thread
- Brown loafers
- White knee-high socks
Choose a shoulder-length purple wig. If a purple wig cannot be found, you can purchase a blond wig and dye it purple. Cut fringe into the front of the wig. Angle the cut so that the fringe are longer on each side of your head and shorter in the centre.
Purchase either a long braid or long hair extensions. Dye the hair purple, and braid it. Tie the braid off with a yellow ribbon. Pin the braid to the bottom of the wig with safety pins.
Cut off a 3-inch-wide strip of red cloth. Tie the strip of cloth around the top of your head and beneath the top layers of hair on the wig. Make sure the knot is tied in the back. Cut off any excess length.
Put on a long-sleeved black shirt. Layer a white short-sleeved dress shirt over it.
Buy or make a pair of red knee-length shorts. You can use any Bermuda style shorts pattern from a fabric store. Put the shorts on over the black tights.
Cut off a strip of black cloth that is about six inches wide and long enough to tie around your waist. Tie the black strip around your waist like a belt. Fasten a pair of black suspenders to the belt.
Buy or make a red, nearly floor-length jacket. Make a vertical slit in the back of the jacket from the bottom to mid-thigh length. This cuts the jacket in half. Create another slit in the middle of the right side of the jacket. Repeat this process on the left side. Cut the bottom of each section into a point.
Buy or make a red capelet. Sew a gold or yellow button onto the front corner of the capelet. Cut a small slit into the opposite corner. Drape the capelet over the jacket, and fasten the two ends together with the button.
Wear a pair of brown loafers on your feet.
Cut the toes off of a pair of white knee-high socks. Slip the socks on over the shoes. Pull the socks all the way up to your knees, and roll the bottom of the socks up and over your shoes.
Tips and warnings
- The added weight of the braid may cause the wig to slip. If this happens, use hair clips to keep the wig in place.
- Use the Simplicity 4916 pattern for the jacket and capelet. It is a Van Helsing costume pattern that looks similar to Chrono Crusade's style of clothing.
- If you cannot find a capelet and do not want to make one, you can also buy a red cape and cut it down to the appropriate size. The capelet covers the shoulders and the top half of the back.
- For a more authentic look, you can add yellow trim around the sleeves of the black shirt and the collar of the capelet.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for