Although hobby and discount stores stock latch hook kits, you have the option of creating your own design. Perhaps you have a favourite photo, design or picture you've been saving for just this kind of project. It is not difficult to take the image and transfer it by using tools you have in your home. The only purchases you need to make are the canvas, latch hook wool, an enlarged photocopy of the design and possibly some graph paper.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Picture to be transferred to canvas
- Graph paper
- Blank latch hook canvas
- Permanent markers (optional)
Choose a picture or design that you want to create for latch hook. Enlarge it so it is the correct size for the canvas if necessary.
Trace the design or picture onto graph paper so you know how your finished work will look. As you trace, convert curves, such as eyes and faces, to a squared design on the graph paper.
Place the graph paper design or picture under the blank latch hook canvas and carefully trace it using the pencil onto the canvas. If you prefer, trace using the permanent markers, but be careful not to make a stray mark on the wrong area of the canvas.
Tips and warnings
- If you trace onto the blank canvas using coloured permanent markers, place paper under the canvas so you don't mark up the surface on which you are working.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for