Coat hanger mobiles provide a unique decorative accent for your home. Display family photos, images or favourite items on these mobiles and use them as year-round decorations. Display seasonal items on them and use them as seasonal accents. This project is fairly simple to make and can be a fun craft for all ages to create. If you're a parent, enlist the help of your children to turn it into a family activity.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Hole puncher
- Photos (optional)
- Seasonal pictures (optional)
Decide what items you want to display on your mobile. You may want to use family photos, post cards, images from greeting cards, pictures from a vacation or pictures that you or your children have drawn. You can use anywhere from three to eight items for the mobile.
Create a hole in each item. Use a hole puncher to punch a hole in the top centre of each of the items.
Cut a length of yarn for each item you intend to display on the mobile. The lengths of yarn can vary from 3 to 8 inches long.
Thread the yarn through the hole you've punched in each of the items. Tie a knot at the end of the yarn to prevent the item from slipping off.
Attach the images to the coat hanger by tying the top of each piece of yarn to the coat hanger. The items will suspend from the hanger at different lengths when hung. Space the items out along the coat hanger.
Tips and warnings
- For added interest, tie two or more items to each piece of yarn--one at the top, one in the middle and one at the bottom of the yarn.
- Draw or paint your own pictures to hang from this mobile.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for