Make a snack of roasted, salted peanuts, or use them in homemade peanut butter, granola or other recipes. Though you can purchase peanuts already roasted, it is simple and often more economical to roast raw peanuts at home -- and you can add your own choice of seasonings to the peanuts. Using your oven, make freshly roasted peanuts in around 20 minutes.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Large, shallow-rimmed baking tray
- Salt (optional)
Preheat the oven to 177 degrees Celsius.
Spread shelled or unshelled peanuts in a single layer on the baking tray.
Place the baking tray in the oven and roast about 15 minutes for shelled peanuts or about 25 minutes for peanuts in the shell, until the peanuts are light brown. Stir the peanuts every 5 minutes.
Remove the tray from the oven and sprinkle the peanuts with salt, if desired. Allow them to cool completely before eating.
Tips and warnings
- Add other seasonings to roasted peanuts, such as flavoured salts or chilli powder.
- For honey-roasted peanuts, melt 1 tbsp each of butter and honey per cup of raw peanuts and mix with the peanuts before roasting. Cook the coated peanuts for only five to 10 minutes.
- If you roast the peanuts in their shells, do not shell them until they have cooled completely.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for