Rainmeter is software for Windows used to customise your desktop. With Rainmeter, you can add widgets and sidebar gadgets and modify the visual experience of Windows. Rainmeter allows you to import skins designed by other users to your Rainmeter interface.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Right-click on the skin you want to install on your Rainmeter and select "Extract in XXX," where XXX is the name of the skin.
Right-click on the new XXXX folder that was created and select "Cut."
Go to C:\Documents and Settings\My_User_Name\My Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\ if you are on Windows XP or C:\Users\My_User_Name\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins if you are on Windows 7 or Vista.
Right-click inside the "Skins" folder and select "Paste." Close the folder.
Right-click on the taskbar or Rainmeter and select "Refresh all."
Right-click on the taskbar, open the menu and go to "Configs."
Go to the folder containing the skin you want to install and double-click on the XXX.ini file, where XXX is the name of the skin.
Tips and warnings
- Make sure to have the latest version of Rainmeter.
- Some skins are only compatible with certain versions of Rainmeter.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for