Birthdays can be special occasions for a husband to express his love and affection for his wife. While some husbands show their love through gifts, others demonstrate it through shared experiences or even letters. Writing a letter to your wife on her birthday can be a romantic gesture because you are putting in writing your feelings of commitment and love for her. If you spend time on the letter, it can mean more to her than any tangible item you could buy her.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Stationary or card
Pick out a nice card or some beautiful stationery. Choose colours and design schemes that she will find appealing.
Select a nice pen. While cheap pens are acceptable and would surely fulfil your purpose, a felt tip pen will give a classier, more romantic impression.
Begin the letter with a loving salutation. If you use nicknames for one another, use that to make the letter more personal.
Write a personal message relating her birthday to something important, like the number of years you two have been married.
Write about your future together, like how you look forward to spending many more birthdays with her.
End your letter with a declaration of love, affection and commitment.
Sign the letter with your name or nickname.
Tips and warnings
- Make the letter as personal as possible. Mentioning unique experiences you shared is a romantic way to do that.
- Incorporate quotes or lines from famous love letters if you find yourself at a loss for what to write. Because there are so many published love letters, you should be able to find one that mirrors your sentiments. But don't make quotes and borrowed lines the majority of your letter. Most of the sentiment should come from your heart.
- Using clichés will make your letter seem cheap. Instead, write from your heart. Even if it sounds awkward, a personal sentiment is always better than one borrowed.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for