The BlackBerry 8800 is a smart phone from Research in Motion. It uses a subscriber identity module (SIM) card. A SIM card is a small card that some major cell phone service providers like T-Mobile use to identify you as a user. This SIM card allows you to switch from one SIM card device to another without changing your phone number or having to contact T-Mobile. If you have a SIM card in your current device, you can easily switch to a BlackBerry 8800.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Turn your BlackBerry 8800 over so the battery cover is facing you and press the release button.
Slide the battery cover off and carefully remove the battery if it is already inserted. This is likely the case if the phone has been previously used. If the BlackBerry is brand new out of the box, the battery will not yet be installed.
Hold your T-Mobile SIM card so that the metal contacts at the top are face down, and slide the card into the SIM card slot.
Insert or reinsert the battery into the device, being careful to ensure that the metal contacts on both the BlackBerry and the battery are touching.
Slide the cover of the BlackBerry 8800 back on until it snaps closed.
Turn the device on and ensure that it finds a T-Mobile signal. Your BlackBerry 8800 smart phone is now ready to use with your T-Mobile phone number and account.
Tips and warnings
- If your BlackBerry 8800 device was originally issued as an AT&T; phone, you can still use it on the T-Mobile network, since both carriers use SIM card technology. You just swap out the AT&T; SIM card with your T-Mobile SIM card and the device will be ready-to-use.
- Using a BlackBerry device with T-Mobile requires use of a data plan. If you do not currently have a data plan and wish to use the BlackBerry 8800, you should contact T-Mobile to add a data plan to your account.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for