Organza is a popular fabric for wedding dresses, whether it is the primary material or makes up sections of the wedding gown. If your organza wedding dress has wrinkles or creases in the fabric, it is possible to iron the fabric and return it to its wrinkle-free state. Before you start to iron the exterior of the dress, however, it is advisable to test out a piece of organza on the inside of the gown.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- White towel
- Spray bottle of water or dampen the towel
- Ironing board or flat ironing surface
Turn the iron on the rayon, delicate or warm setting. Allow the iron to warn up for a few minutes.
Place the organza from the dress over the ironing board or on the flat surface so that it is completely flat and taught.
Lightly spray the towel with water or place the damp white towel on the organza fabric
Run the iron over the damp towel and press down to iron the wrinkles out of the dress.
Repeat Steps 2 through 4 for each piece of the organza on the gown that you need to iron.
Tips and warnings
- You can apply the warm iron directly to the organza as well. Make sure the face of the iron is clean and free of any dirt or marks so that it does not transfer on to your wedding gown.
- If the wrinkles are not that bad or you are afraid to iron the organza on your wedding dress, you can try hanging the dress in the bathroom while running a hot and steamy shower with the door closed.
- If you own a portable steamer, you can try steaming the wrinkles out before trying to iron it.
- A professional dry cleaner or seamstress can also help you get the wrinkles out of the dress.
- When placing the iron directly on the organza fabric, keep moving the iron slowly over the material to avoid leaving the warm iron on the organza for extended periods. This helps you avoid burning the fabric or leaving a mark on the fabric that you cannot remove.
- If the dress has other materials, such as silk or tulle, these fabrics react differently to ironing than organza material. These are only the instructions for the organza material on the wedding dress.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for