Canvas shoes are both comfortable and casual, making them perfect for everyday usage. As a result, they are more susceptible to stains. Many shoe shops sell cleaning spray for canvas shoes, although these may be ineffective against some stains. The most effective way of ensuring your canvas shoes remain stain-free is to apply a stain-free coating.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Shoe brush
- Nylon pad
- Bleach-free cleaning solution
- Paper towels
- Canvas polish
Remove the laces from the shoes and wash separately, if needed.
Wash the shoes in warm soapy water. Use a shoe brush to remove any dirt or stains already on the shoes.
Use a nylon pad to remove tougher stains, using a bleach-free cleaning solution.
Fill the trainer with paper towels to prevent the shoes from losing their shape.
Allow to dry until the shoes are completely dry.
Apply canvas polish to the shoes. Ensure the polish is in the correct colour for the shoe.
Allow to dry fully.
Spray shoes with scotchgard.
Tips and warnings
- If the shoes have not yet been worn, you can skip the cleaning steps and start by applying polish.
- For white shoes, use a cleaning solution containing bleach to restore the original white colour.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for