You can prevent unwanted callers from ringing your landline by adding Call Block or Call Screen to your service. These features redirect callers that are on your blocked list to a recording. The recording informs callers that you are not accepting calls at this time. You can activate and deactivate the feature at any time from your landline phone. Depending on your landline phone provider, the steps might vary slightly.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Contact your landline phone provider and request Call Block or Call Screen. Depending on your provider, there might be a fee for adding the feature to your phone. Ask the customer service representative for the date the feature will be active.
Wait for the activation date, then pick up your landline phone and listen for a dial tone.
Dial "*60" and follow the prompts to add a number to your blocked list. Listen for confirmation that the number was added and hang up your phone.
Tips and warnings
- Remove a number from the blocked list by dialling "*80" from your landline phone. Follow the prompts to remove the number.
- Dial "1160" if you are using a rotary phone to activate Call Block or Call Screen. Deactivate the feature or remove a number by dialling "1180."
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for