Applications for a Kenyan passport can be made online. Make sure you have all the required paperwork and fill in the interactive form completely. Incomplete documentation would cause delays in your application. When you mail your lost passport package, make sure you include enough stamps for special delivery such as U.S. Postal Service Priority Mail. Ordinary registered mail and UPS cannot be used.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Form PP-1
- Two passport photos
- Copy of Kenyan passport
- Copy of birth certificate
- Copy of police report
- Copy of identification card
- Copy of sworn affidavit
- Self-addressed envelope
- Original marriage or divorce certificate (if applicable)
- Money order or cashier's check
Fill out, print and sign Form PP-1: Application for a Kenya Passport. The form can be found online at the website of the Kenyan embassy in Washington D.C. or at a Kenyan consulate in New York or Los Angeles.
Gather the required supporting documents. To replace a lost or damaged Kenyan passport, submit two passport photos and a stamped and self-addressed envelope so your new passport can be mailed to you. Also include a photocopy of each of the following: your Kenyan passport, your birth certificate, police report describing how you lost your passport, a notarised affidavit and a valid identification card. If you are a married or divorced woman, submit an original marriage or divorce certificate to apply for a change of name.
Mail your lost Kenyan passport application to the Kenyan embassy together with a cashier's check or money order payable to the Republic of Kenya. As of November 2010, the fee is £130 for a lost passport and £107 for a damaged passport.
Tips and warnings
- Passport photos must show owner facing the camera directly, with ears exposed.
- If your Kenyan passport was damaged or mutilated, a police report and ID card are not required; nor is a marriage or divorce certificate for a woman.
- Once your passport application arrives in Nairobi, Kenya, it may take eight to 10 weeks for you to get your replacement passport.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for