Adobe PageMaker allows you to formulate specialised templates for different purposes, including programs and invitations for weddings. Adobe has several standard templates you can use from the drop down menu that might make the process faster, or you can customise your wedding invitation.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Adobe PageMaker
Install Adobe PageMaker on your computer. If you purchase the CD version in the store you will be walked through the process when you put the CD in the computer. You can also download it directly from Adobe, at which time the installation program will walk you through the steps.
Open Adobe PageMaker.
Click on "File" and select "New," at which point the "Document Setup" window will open. You can pick one of the predesigned templates from this window, or create a new template from scratch. You should have an idea of what size invitation you wish to make as well as which direction you would like it to face. All of the settings are adjustable once you begin working on the invitation.
Hit "OK" once you have decided on the set-up of the document. This will allow you to begin editing.
Drag the toolbox to a convenient location on your screen. You will use this to select the font, size, and to draw pictures. If you are working with a pre-designed template, the program will walk you through, box by box until you have filled them all out. Any box you leave empty will not appear when you print.
Type the wording you wish to have on the invitation. You can then highlight and play with spacing and font types. You can select a background under the "Insert" tool if you wish to print a background on every page.
Select "Preview" from the file menu to see how your invitation will look. When you are happy with the final product you can save it.
Select "Export" from the "File" tab in order to export as a .pdf file if you plan to print at another location. If you are printing at home you can print directly from Adobe.
Tips and warnings
- Before purchasing Adobe PageMaker, you can utilise a 30-day free trial. This might help you decide if it is the right program for you.
- You can buy special paper in order to provide an attractive background on your invitation. This might be less expensive than printing the background.
- Some third-party programs have pre-designed wedding templates for Adobe. You can download these templates and open them directly in PageMaker.
- Remember to save your work often, as you do not want to lose your design. Also consider making multiple names for the project with different styles and typefaces so you can go back to them should you change your mind.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for