It is much less expensive to dial directly than to make an operator-assisted telephone call to a mobile phone in Israel. In order to be able to place a call overseas, you must first dial a sequence of numbers. Placing a call overseas is not difficult to do once you know and understand the sequence of numbers. When placing a call to a mobile phone, you must add an extra digit to the sequence.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Dial the international direct dialling code of the country that you are calling from. This code allows you to dial outside the country you are calling from. In the United States, the code is "011." If you do not know the international direct dialling code of the country that you are calling from, use an online tool (see Resource 2) or a country code list to look up the code (See Reference 3).
Dial "972," which is the country code for Israel.
Dial "5." This code allows you to dial a mobile telephone in Israel.
Dial the city or area code. You may use an online tool or a country code list to look up the city or area code. City or area codes in Israel are one-digit codes. The city code for Tel Aviv-Jaffa, Israel, is "3."
Dial the seven-digit telephone number of the mobile telephone that you are calling. The sequence of numbers to be dialled when placing a call to a cell phone in Jerusalem, Israel, from the United States is 011 + 972 + 5 + city code + local number.
Tips and warnings
- An International Direct Dialing Code, or IDD, is sometimes referred to as an "exit code" or an "International access code."
- If placing a call from the United States to a landline telephone in Tel Aviv-Jaffa, Israel, you would dial 011 + 972 + 3 + the local number.
- The International Direct Dialing Code, or IDD, is not the same as a country code. For example, the IDD or exit code for the United States is 011. However, the country code for the United States is 1.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for