Traditionally, a Ninja sword is a Japanese weapon used by mountain people and criminals to defend themselves. A Ninja sword is not to be confused with a Samurai sword. In comparison, a Ninja sword is shorter, has a straight (not curved) blade and is of a lesser quality. This is because the people who used them did not have the skills or resources to make high-quality swords, unlike the fighters who used Samurais. These distinctive characteristics of a Ninja sword therefore means that it is worn in a particular way.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Ninja sword
- 40-inch length of thin leather strapping
Hold the Ninja sword upright in front of you with the handle at the top.
Create a strap to put over your shoulder like a handbag by attaching a length of leather to the sword. To achieve this, tie the length of leather around the sword cover, just below the handle.
Position the leather so that when you hold the top of the loop the sword hangs or balances at approximately a vertical position.
Place the strap over your left shoulder. Both hands should be loose at your sides.
Adjust the position of the sword so that the sword is at an angle. Make sure that the top of the sword is pointing to 2 o'clock behind you, while the bottom of the sword is at 7 o'clock out in front of you.
Follow steps 1, 2 and 3 of the traditional or Korean way to wear a Ninja sword so that you successfully attach the strap of leather to the sword.
Place the strap diagonally across your body. Do this by looping the strap over the right side of your head, while the sword rests on the left hand side of your body.
Manoeuvre the sword by pulling the strap downward so that the sword sits behind you, instead of at your side. You can also use your left hand to push the sword behind.
Check that the sword is now resting against your back instead of at your side--like the traditional or Korean way would be.
Turn your head to the right and look behind you. You should see the top of the sword to see the top of the sword. Turn your head to the left, look downward and then behind you. The bottom of the sword will be pointing down toward the ground.
Tips and warnings
- Wear the Ninja sword with a Ninja outfit. Ninjas traditionally wear black with a thick leather belt around their waists.
- To walk or run comfortably with the sword, follow the Ninja way of wearing the sword. Then secure the sword by pushing it inside the leather belt, so that is held against your body and not hanging freely. This will hold it in place while you move around.
- Be careful if you are using a real Ninja sword so you do not cut yourself or damage the sword as you practice how to wear it properly.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for