The H&K MP5 is a weapon used for tactical operations by law enforcement and military forces. The MP5 is lightweight, distributes little recoil and has a cycling rate of fire more than 800rpm. These weapons are typically used in close-quarter combat, room-clearing and special operations in urban environments. A sling is often used to carry these weapons and help with stabilising a standing shooting position. Several slings are available, but all should be installed specifically for the shooter's dominant hand.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Unload the weapon completely. Remove the magazine and visually inspect the chamber to ensure no ammunition is present.
Open the front adaptor on the sling. Depending on your sling model this will be either a Velcro or button strap near the sling swivel hook.
Set the sling flat on a table with the inside facing you.
Pull open the sling loop strap assembly. Fold the strap back to the left. Close the strap.
Attach the front sling swivel hook to the sling attachment bar on the MP5 muzzle.
Attach the middle strap or third point--only if using a three-point sling--to the secondary sling attachment swivel on the weapon frame.
Attach the lower swivel hook to the sling attachment near the butt stock. Adjust the sling to your preference by sliding the upper and lower keepers to make the sling tight or loose.
Tips and warnings
- A tight arm sling can aid in shooting stability and is often used by law enforcement and military.
- Never attempt maintenance or sling installation on a loaded weapon.
- Never point the MP5 at anything that you do not intend to shoot or kill.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for