"SimCity 4" is a game with a lot of different knobs to turn. Want to attract more people? Try building some more houses. Is crime on the rise? Build a couple of police stations. But perhaps no category can have the same kind of long term effect as your citizens' education. SimCity citizens with a higher IQ will go on to profitable endeavours throughout your city that will reap you many financial rewards.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Build libraries. In the early stages of the game, you will not have enough money to run a school. Libraries are cheap to open and free for SimCity citizens to use. Watch your education score go up as the books start circulating. If you bite off more than you can chew and need to demolish a couple of schools to cut costs, keep in mind that libraries will always be there for you.
Build an elementary school. Getting to your city's kids when they are young is key to establishing long-term growth.
Build high schools. As the citizens' children start to grow, keep building new school building to keep up with their higher level of intelligence. If citizens get out of middle school and have nowhere to go, they are likely to end up working on a farm or right back on the path to becoming a janitor. Keep funnelling them toward greatness.
Build a university. This is the biggest educational accomplishment for your city. All the citizens with high school educations will be finding jobs within the city, which will generate plenty of tax income. Once the university is built, your city will start to attract citizens that are wealthy and already educated, further increasing your education score.
Tips and warnings
- The game features cheat codes; hold down control and press "X" to open a window, and then type: "weaknesspays" --- this cheat will deposit £650 into your bank.
- Plan ahead when building new schools. If you don't have the income to sustain a school, it's going to go out of business and your citizens are going to be very unhappy.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for