A webcam is a popular device, especially for Internet users who use it for several computer tasks such as video calling. If you just purchased a new webcam, you have to test it first so that you can have it repaired or replaced in case you find out that it is malfunctioning. You can also test a webcam first before you purchase it to know if the resolution that it delivers meets your standards.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Webcam installation CD
Plug the webcam USB cable into the USB port of the computer. The computer should recognise the new device attached to the computer.
Place the webcam installation CD into the optical drive of the computer and then wait for the installer to launch automatically. Follow the instructions on your screen until installation completes. Reboot the computer.
Click "Start" and then "My Computer" or "Computer." The webcam will appear as one of the devices in your computer. Click the name of the webcam and see if the webcam displays images. If the display is blurry, configure the webcam settings through the webcam program saved in your computer upon installation.
Tips and warnings
- If the webcam is not working with a chat client or with a program you are trying to use, ensure that the webcam is configured properly. Navigate to the "Settings" of the program and configure the webcam so that it is in conjunction with the program.
- Your webcam may not work properly if your operating system is not updated. Install the latest Windows Updates for your computer, reboot the computer and see if the webcam is working properly.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for