Baking delicious bread from scratch takes time and experience. Many markets offer an easier option -- prebaked bread. The baker bakes bread to 80% doneness prior to sale. This saves you time normally spent measuring, mixing and kneading the dough. There is nothing as tasty as homemade bread, but a prebaked loaf is the next best thing.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Preheat the oven to 204 degrees C.
Place the bread in the oven. For a crispy crust, place the loaf directly on the rack. Bake bread on a baking tray for a chewy crust.
Bake for 9 to 12 minutes.
Remove bread from the oven when the crust is golden-brown. Slice the bread.
Serve the bread with butter or olive oil.
Tips and warnings
- Some bakers recommend spritzing the loaf with water prior to baking. This creates steam in the oven, which crisps the crust.
- To make garlic bread, slice the bread open and spread butter on both sides of the loaf. Sprinkle with garlic powder and put the halves back together. Wrap the loaf in foil and bake according to steps, adding 3 minutes.
- Keep the bread frozen until baking or bake as soon as it thaws. Do not refreeze once the bread has thawed.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for