The Acer Travelmate 5530 requires only one battery to operate. If you are experiencing any battery issues with your Acer Travelmate 5530 it is due to that battery, which is located on the underside of the laptop. If taken care of properly, the battery should last a few years and provide hours of use at one time. While it is possible to charge the battery while the computer is in use, charging the battery with the computer turned off results in a significantly shorter charge time.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Replacement battery
- AC adaptor
Turn the Acer Travelmate 5530 off and ensure that it is not plugged into the wall.
Place the Travelmate upside down so that the battery is facing you.
Remove the non-working battery by sliding the battery release latch located on the bottom of the Acer Travelmate 5530. This releases the battery.
Pull the battery out of its slot by hand. The battery should remove easily. If the battery does not, slide the release latch one more time.
Align the new battery with the empty battery slot, inserting the end with the contacts first. The top of the battery should be facing up.
Press the replacement battery gently into the slot until you hear it click and lock into place.
Plug the Acer Travelmate 5530 AC adaptor into the computer and then into an electrical socket. Do not turn the computer on. Allow the battery to completely charge. A few hours will pass before the battery is completely charged.
Disconnect the AC adaptor and turn the computer on. Leave the computer on until the battery low warning appears. It is OK to use the computer during this process; just be sure to save your work when the battery low warning appears.
Turn the computer off and reconnect the AC adaptor. Fully recharge the battery again. Repeat the charge and discharge process until the new battery has been charged and discharged three times. This process is called "conditioning" the battery.
Tips and warnings
- It is important to condition all new batteries as well as batteries that have not been used for sometime. The conditioning process lengthens the life of a battery and helps to ensure proper performance. If you will not be using your computer for more then 2 weeks, remove the battery from the Acer Travelmate. If you will be using your computer with constant AC power, remove the battery once it is fully charged.
- Never expose Acer Travelmate CMOS batteries to temperatures below 00 degrees Celsius or above 45 degrees Celsius as extreme temperatures can damage the battery pack.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for