When driving in foggy conditions, it is helpful to turn on the fog lights on your vehicle. Depending on the vehicle, there may be several different settings for the fog lights. The 2003 Volkswagen Passat has a unique feature concerning its fog lights, as they will only turn on when the headlights are on.
- Skill level:
Turn on the engine of the 2003 Volkswagen Passat.
Turn on the headlights. Be sure the high beams are not on.
Pull the headlight switch towards you to activate the fog lights. The fog lights can only be used if the headlights are on.
Push the headlight switch in to turn off the fog lights. Turn the headlight switch off, and turn off the vehicle.
Tips and warnings
- Make sure all of the lights on your vehicle are in working order before driving.
- Never use the high beams when driving in the fog, as the excess light can actually make it harder to see.
- Unlike contemporary American-manufactured cars, the Passat does not have automatic headlights. Make sure to turn them on and off when needed.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for