Because of the highly mobile nature of games that were developed to be portable, it is easy to lose track of your game cases. Since most Nintendo DS carrying cases do not leave room for the actual game box, they are often forgotten at a friend's house, lost in a closet or destined to some unknown fate. Luckily, you can replace the game cases for most of your Nintendo DS games with just a few clicks.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Colour printer
- Letter-sized paper (8.5 inches by 14 inches)
- Blank Nintendo DS covers
- Image-editing software such as Paint.net, Adobe Photoshop or GIMP
Visit the official Nintendo Online Store via the link provided in Resources and purchase however many cases you need to replace. Nintendo DS game covers run about 60p each.
Point your browser to CDCovers.com (see Resources for a link).
Select "DS" on the drop-down menu next to "Cover Search," then use the search field to enter the name of the game for which you would like a cover.
Click the game on the list of titles to select it, then click "Front."
Right-click the cover image and select "Save As," then save it to your desktop.
Right-click the cover image on your desktop, select "Open With," and choose your image editing software.
Resize the cover image to 7.5 inches by 10.8 inches to make sure it prints correctly, then save a new copy to your desktop. Most image editing software has an "Image Size" function in its "Edit" menu.
Make sure your printer is turned on and is loaded with legal-size paper.
Print the case cover. After the printing is complete, you can insert it into one of your blank game cases.
Tips and warnings
- If you're unfamiliar with image editing software or don't think your printer can deliver a high-quality cover, you can send the cover images to a professional print shop. This is probably the best solution for top-notch prints.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for