Installing auto seat covers is a task that consumers can complete in several steps. Seat covers are sold to fit different seat styles in various types of automobiles including cars, sport utility vehicles, trucks and vans. Consider whether the cover is for a bucket seat, low back seat or seats with built-in or adjustable headrests.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Seat cover
- "S" Hooks (included)
- Knife, razor blade, or scissors
Remove the headrests (if necessary) and push the back of the seat forward. Slide the seat cover over the top of the seat, and pull it down.
Grip the bottom of the cover and pull it so that it fits securely over the seat cushion. Fasten the elastic straps under the seat with the supplied "S" hooks.
Tie the supplied cord in place so that the seat cover maintains its shape. Check that the seat cover is properly installed and fits snugly.
Cut holes for the headrest with a knife, razor blade or scissors. The seat cover will stretch naturally, so do not cut the holes too big.
Insert the headrest back into the seat. The installation is now complete.
Tips and warnings
- Most seat covers will fit tightly, but to ensure a secure fit, look for seat covers advertised as "snug fit."
- Do not install seat covers on seats with airbags.
- Wear safety goggles during the installation process.
- Use caution to avoid elastic snapback.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for