If you run a store and have free space in the middle of the sales floor, a freestanding pegboard is a great way to display products. Unlike a wall-mounted version, this pegboard is accessible from both sides without wasting precious space. The tools and materials can all be purchased very inexpensively from a hardware store, and the display can be assembled in a few hours.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Pegboard, 4 feet by 8 feet, 1/4-inch thick (2)
- Two-by-two Boards, 7 feet 8 inches long (2)
- Two-by-two Boards, 4 feet long (2)
- Two-by-two Boards, 20 inches long (2)
- Two-by-two Boards, 12 1/2 inches long (4)
- 3-inch wood screws (10)
- 1 1/2-inch wood screws (many)
Lay the pegboard flat on the ground.
Assemble a frame along the edges of the pegboard using the four long pieces of two-by-two board. The 4-foot pieces go along the top and bottom, while the 7-foot-8-inch pieces are sandwiched between them at the sides.
Connect the frame boards with 3-inch screws though the top and bottom corners. Use two screws per corner for stability. Any time you add screws, you should drill a pilot hole first.
Lay one piece pegboard on top of the frame and attach it with several 1-and-a-half-inch wood screws along each side.
Flip the frame over and attach the other pegboard.
Screw a 20-inch two-by-two under the bottom corners to act as legs. They should be at a 90-degree angle to the frame, so that when the frame is standing up the legs are sticking out underneath it pointing to the front and back.
Cut a 45-degree angle in two corners of each 12-and-a-half-inch two-by-two, creating trapezoids instead of rectangles. These will be diagonal braces to give the stand stability.
Attach each brace to the leg and frame with 1-and-a-half-inch screws, creating a triangle. There should be one on the front and back of each leg.
Tips and warnings
- A pilot hole is a hole slightly narrower than the screw. It takes pressure off the wood and keeps it from splitting when the screw is inserted.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for