Skinny jeans came into popularity in 2005 from several designer brands, such as Seven for All Mankind, True Religion, Citizens of Humanity and Ed Hardy. Skinny jeans are best suited for people with small frames and slender legs. If you've bought a pair of skinny jeans that are too large, you may want to shrink those jeans for an extra-trim fit. It is possible to shrink cotton skinny jeans by a whole size.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
Use only 100 per cent cotton skinny jeans. Pure cotton jeans will shrink the best. If you pick a pair with polyester or any other manmade material, the jeans may not shrink.
Set your washer on the hottest setting. Place the jeans in the washer. You do not need to add soap.
Put the jeans on a regular cycle. Make sure the rinse cycle is on a hot water setting, if you have the option.
Put the jeans in the dryer after washing them in hot water. Set the dryer setting to high and dry your jeans until they are completely dry.
Remove the jeans from the dryer and try them on when they have cooled.
Tips and warnings
- If you want a more custom fit to your jeans, do not dry them all the way. Take your skinny jeans out of the dryer when they are half dry. Put them on and wear them until they are completely dry. This will create a more custom fit as the half-wet jeans conform to your shape as they dry.
- Buttons and rivets can be dangerously hot when the jeans are taken out of the dryer. Wait until they have cooled before you put the jeans on.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for