Homemade moisturising creams are economical and simple to create. All natural, organic oils can be used.This recipe can be can be customised to your skin type and your fragrance preferences . This is a rich cream that is very moisturising. The apricot kernal , jojoba and vitamin e oils serve as antioxidants to protect skin from ageing.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Microwave oven or double boiler pan
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- (113gr. jars with lids
- 1/2 cup grapeseed oil
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup apricot kernal oil
- 1 teaspoon cocoa butter
- 28.4gr. grated beeswax
- 1/3 cup lavender water
- 2/3 cup aloe vera juice
- 40 drops vitamin e oil
Heat the first 5 ingredients together in double boiler pan or in microwave until beeswax is melted. Let cool at room temperature for 2 hours.
Mix remaining ingredients in blender at high speed. While blender is running, slowly pour oil mixture into blender. Blend until creamy.
Pour into containers.
Store in a cool dark place.
Forever Soft Cream
Tips and warnings
- Other oils you may use include:sesame,olive, hempseed, sweet almond and avacodo.
- You may substitute herb tea for the lavender water. Chamomile and calandula teas are noted for their soothing qualities.
- Other flower waters that you can try include rosewater and orange flower water.
- Essential oils may be added to further customise your blend.
- Use caution when heating the oils and wax as they are flammable.
- Allergic reactions may occur.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for