Updating the software of a Samsung mobile can help improve the functionality of the device. Software updates are made available to fix security, data and other known issues of a Samsung mobile. Updates are also available for third-party applications and to improve hardware issues such as battery life. The updates can be initiated from a Samsung mobile handset.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Press the "Menu" key, then select "Settings."
Select "About Phone," then "Update Profile." Wait for the update to complete.
Select "Update Firmware," then wait for the update to complete.
Turn off the Samsung mobile for about a minute, then turn it back on.
Tips and warnings
- Depending on the model of the Samsung mobile, you may need to take the device to the store for an update.
- Updates may also be performed by connecting the Samsung mobile to the computer. PC Studio is a program designed to help update the software on the Samsung mobile. Download the program, connect the device and follow the instructions to update the software (see Resources).
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for