The file extension .QXP is used by Quark Express. Quark Express is a layout and design program that works in a What You See Is What You Get (WYSIWYG) format. QuarkXPress software for layout publishing has typography effects and controls. It lets the user combine text editing and picture effects to create a high-end print, web and interactive layouts. To convert the file, export it from QuarkXPress. There are other programs that allow you to import .QXP files with varying degrees of success.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Computer with:
- 1 GB RAM (512MB minimum);
- running QuarkExpress;
- Microsoft Internet Explorer® 7 or later; or
- Mozilla Firefox 3.5.2 or later
Open the file in Quark Express. Go to "File," click on "Export" and select "Layout to PDF.
Type in, browse to or create a destination when an export dialogue box opens.
Click "Options." Choose "None" on Images. If you look to the left side of your screen, you will see a menu. From this menu, select "Color." By default, under "Color," the Mode should be "Composite" and the set-up should be "Composite CMYK."
Click on the "OPI" Tab. In the OPI tab, click "OPI Active." Under EPS, "Include Images."
Click on "Preferences." Go to "PDF Workflow," select "Direct to PDF" and Click "OK."
Open the file in Quark Express. Go to "Layout," click on "Layout Properties" and set the layout type to "Web."
Group the items to export. Open "Item," then "Modify" and select the "Export" tab.
Check "Convert to Graphic upon Export," In the "Export As" section, type in, browse to or create a destination, select the desired file extension and click "OK."
Choose "File," then "Export" and select "HTML"
Tips and warnings
- There are support people on line at Quark.com who will walk you through these or any other Quark processes. Quark also has monitored user forums where staff members post solutions to the most common problems.
- Always save a copy before attempting any conversion.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for