Toshiba Corporation is a Tokyo-based company that produces electronic devices such as laptops. Extremely ordinary in design, Toshiba laptop keyboards resemble any other laptop keyboard on the market. The condensed keyboard occupies less space than traditional plug-in keyboards. It has smaller keys and a flat design. Newer models contain a number pad. Possible problems include typing too fast for the keyboard, suffering from keyboard induced wrist strain and resting your wrists near the mouse pad.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Place your right index finger on the J key and the rest of the fingers along the rest of the row with your thumb over the space bar.
Place your left index finger over the F key. Allow the rest of your fingers to rest on the keys next to F key. Your thumb rests over the space bar.
Elevate your wrists. Otherwise, your palms may press on the mouse pad and accidentally direct the computer to change windows or other commands.
Move your fingers up or down over the keys to form words. Each finger is responsible for the letters and numbers above and below it. The left middle finger rests on the D key. It controls the 3, E and C keys. The right and left Index fingers press the keys above and below it as well the strip of keys in the centre. For example, the left index finger moves up to presses the R and 4 keys. It descends to the V key and reaches to the centre for G, T, 5 and B keys.
Press the FN key in conjunction with an F key, located above the number keys, to get the computer to follow the second command associated with that key. F keys held down with Fn brighten or dim the screen, turns off wireless and direct the computer to run off the battery. Secondary key commands intertwine with other portions of the keyboard and using the FN will activate those commands as well.
Tips and warnings
- Boost your laptop monitor to eye level using a commercial laptop stand. This puts the monitor at the proper height for viewing and typing.
- Use a wrist support to reduce wrist pain.
- To fix some of the design flaws, elevate the laptop to eye level to reduce neck and eye strain.
- You can use a regular keyboard by plugging it into a USB port on the computer.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for