A healthy and beneficial fruit, the avocado serves as a useful ingredient in homemade face creams and other beauty products. It possesses light sunscreen capabilities, making it an efficient cosmetic ingredient. It also contains vitamins A, B, E and G, which lend to its excellent moisturising benefits for skin and hair. Making your own face cream and other beauty products from avocado provides you with a truly rewarding endeavour for improving your appearance without the need for harsh chemicals found in some commercial products.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Avocado butter
- Avocado carrier oil
- Floral water/hydrosol
- Hand mixer
- Glass bowls
- Cosmetic packaging
Add 1 tbsp of avocado butter to a glass dish. Follow up with 1 tsp of avocado carrier oil.
Pour 1 cup of floral hydrosol to the bowl. Choose any type of hydrosol to add fragrance and extra benefit to the recipe. For face cream, floral hydrosol of helichrysum or even tea tree oil are soothing and good for toning.
Microwave the bowl on high for three minutes. Add 1 tsp of borax to the bowl and mix it thoroughly.
Microwave a bowl containing 1 tbsp of beeswax for three minutes to melt it.
Mix the oil and water solution with a hand mixer as you drizzle the melted wax into it. It will immediately emulsify into a thin, frothy cream. Continue to beat the mixture, on high, for five minutes. Pour the cream into a jar or lotion bottle and leave it uncovered until it cools to room temperature. At room temperature it will be a thick, white cream.
Tips and warnings
- Use the homemade lotion as a face cream or as a hair masque. This versatile recipe is good for moisturising the skin and protecting the hair.
- Add about 14.8ml. of essential oil to the recipe after it has cooled. This enhances the recipe and gives it fragrance. Shake the covered lotion after adding oil to disperse it.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for