"Look Mom, no hands," a phrase that sends shivers up your spine when your child is learning to ride a bike, does not have the same connotation on the soccer field where foot-only play is expected. Drive longer distances, shoot more effectively and clear the ball with power by perfecting your kick through practice. Practice on a soccer ball with a little extra lift by using a homemade kicking tee. Place the ball above the ground for easier striking with the inside, outside, instep or even the heel without interference from the ground.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Plastic disposable cup
- Blade craft knife
Cut 3 inches off the top of a cup. Discard the bottom part of the cup.
Flip the top of the cup so the wider opening with the finished edge is on the ground.
Place a ball on top of the cup.
Continue cutting the cup as your game improves, lowering the height of the ball.
Tips and warnings
- Choose a disposable cup that is rigid and won't collapse under the weight of the ball.
- To adapt the design for a football, cut a slit in the ring so it can be separated. Stand the football up inside the tee with the slit opening in front where your foot makes contact with the ball on a kick.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for