The BIOS (Basic Input Output System) in your Dell Latitude is a set of start up procedures that reside on a freestanding chip in the computer. The BIOS starts up the various pieces of the Latitude's hardware, before passing control over to its operating system.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Reboot the computer. Repeatedly tap "F2" when the Dell logo appears. If you wait too long before pressing "F2," Windows will launch. Should this happen, wait until the computer is fully booted, and then reboot the computer to try again.
Use the "Down" arrow to go to the "Security" menu.
Type the "Admin" password in the first field.
In the next field, hit "Enter" to leave the password blank.
Tips and warnings
- If you cannot remember your Admin password, you will need to contact Dell technical support.
- Leaving the Admin password blank in your BIOS is generally not a good idea, as it poses a security risk (e.g., it would allow someone to boot your machine from a USB flash drive).
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for