Outdoor spas need a floating cover to ensure that the water stays warm and to keep debris out. An alternative to a hard cover is the floating spa blanket. You can purchase a floating blanket, but if you want to save money, you can make one yourself. Homemade floating spa blankets are versatile and if made correctly, last a long time.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Pool cover
- Tape measure
- Marking pen
Measure your spa with your tape measure. Note the measurements of the length and width of your spa or hot tub.
Transfer your spa measurements to your pool cover by positioning it on the ground. Next, cut the cover with your scissors in accordance to your spa dimensions.
Center the pool cover over your spa and trace around the inner edges of the spa with your marking pen.
Take your pool cover off the spa and cut around the line that you fashioned from the inner edges of the spa.
Position your blanket onto the spa to determine if you will need to trim any excess off so it will float. Keep trimming until the edges do not touch the spa, and the blanket floats freely in the water.
Tips and warnings
- Use sharp scissors. You need sharp scissor to accurately cut the pool cover, because if they are dull, your results will net your floating spa blanket jagged, uneven edges.
- Do not cut too much off your pool cover because if you do, your floating spa blanket will not entirely cover the water in your spa.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for