Recovery discs allow users to restore an HP laptop back to its original condition. The recovery discs contain all of the programs and drivers necessary for your laptop to operate. If your computer's hard disk drive becomes corrupted or you want to restore your computer, recovery discs are necessary. If you are unable to create the discs when the computer is initially turned on, you can use Recovery Manager or Recovery CD-DVD Creator to create the discs later on.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Blank CDs or DVDs
Click "Start," and then type "Recovery" in the search field.
Select "Recovery Manager" from the list of search results.
Click "Advanced Options" followed by "Recovery Disc Creations." Click "Next" to begin the process of making recovery disks for your HP laptop.
Put a blank CD or DVD in the CD/DVD drive of your laptop when prompted. If more than one disc is required, insert the discs as prompted.
Label the recovery discs. Mark the discs in the order of creation.
Store the recovery discs in a safe location.
Recovery Manager (Windows Vista)
Disconnect your Internet connection.
Click "Start," and then "All Programs." Click "PC Help & Tools" followed by "HP PC Recovery CD Creator."
Click "Continue" at the welcome screen. Continue to click "Continue" until you reach the CD creation screen.
Insert a blank CD or DVD in the CD/DVD drive of your laptop when prompted. Click "OK" to start the process. Do not insert the next CD until you are prompted to do so.
Label the recovery discs and store the discs in a safe location.
Recovery CD-DVD Creator (Windows XP)
Tips and warnings
- You can obtain recovery discs by contacting HP by phone, chat or e-mail. There may be a charge for the recovery discs.
- The recovery discs are designed specifically for your computer's model. If you order a set of discs from HP, the discs may contain files for other models. This could slow the recovery process by a few hours.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for