Under Armour sports clothes are made of materials that "breathe" more effectively than cotton and keep sweat away from the wearer while exercising. Under Armour can end up with strong odours because of sweat and the bacteria that live and grow in the sweat, so proper cleaning is vital. Cleaning and getting rid of the odours that build up over time will help keep your Under Armour clothes fresh for a long time.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Baking soda or vinegar
- Pillow case or mesh bag (optional)
Place the Under Armour in the washer with colours that are similar. Clean the Under Armour alone if like colours have different cleaning instructions.
Add detergent. Powdered detergents work best, though you can use liquid if necessary. Do not add bleach or fabric softener with Under Armour. Turn the washer to the cold setting and let the cycle run.
Place the Under Armour in the dryer and set the heat to low or tumble, depending on the heating options available. Do not use fabric softener sheets with the Under Armour.
Rinse the Under Armour clothing in cold water immediately after wearing it. Do not place the Under Armour on the floor or allow it to sit out.
Place the Under Armour into the washing machine while it is still wet.
Add 1/4 cup of baking soda or 1 cup of vinegar into the wash with the Under Armour. Baking soda and vinegar are both effective in removing odours and keeping the fabrics fresh. Add detergent and wash the Under Armour in cold water.
Dry the Under Armour in the dryer on the tumble setting, or air-dry it according to personal preference.
Tips and warnings
- If washing it with other clothes, put the Under Armour into a mesh bag or pillow case to avoid accidental tears, snags or other damage from zippers, hooks or anything else that can snag the Under Armour.
- Read the specific cleaning directions. Different items will have different directions.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for