No matter how often you make your favourite quiche recipe, the end result always seems to come out flat. For a fluffier quiche, a simple technique with the eggs is all it takes.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 4 eggs
- 475ml (2 cups milk), skimmed or full-fat
- 30g (1/4 cup) butter or margarine
- Pie crust or biscuit mix
- 230g (8 ounces) grated cheese (cheddar)
- Large bowl
- Tart pan or quiche dish
- Chopped vegetables (your choice)
- Chopped deli meats (your choice)
Prepare the tart pan or quiche dish with the pie crust. Use a ready-made pie crust or make the crust from scratch using biscuit mix. Poke holes in the crust with a toothpick or fork and chill in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
Mix together the vegetables, meats, butter and any spices you'd like to add in a large bowl, then place into pie crust.
Separate the yolks and egg whites. Beat or whisk the egg whites until the consistency is similar to meringue--this will make the quiche fluffier. Whisk the egg yolks separately, then mix together with the fluffy egg whites. Add the milk or cream and pour into pie crust on top of vegetable and meat filling.
Bake in the oven at 190ºC (375ºF) for 40 to 45 minutes. It's done when the top of the quiche is golden brown.
Tips and warnings
- Allow the quiche to cool for approximately 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for