Every Sony brand controller for the PlayStation 3 is wireless and houses a rechargeable battery, meaning you'll never have to run out and buy AA batteries to play your game when your controller flat lines. Recharging your PS3 controllers is a snap and can be done by anyone.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- PlayStation 3
- SIXAXIS or DualShock 3 controller
- USB cable (included with PS3)
Make sure your PlayStation 3 is hooked up properly and plugged into an electrical socket.
Turn on the power switch on the back of your PlayStation 3. A red light should illuminate on the front of the console to let you know it's in standby mode.
Connect the USB cable to one of the USB ports on the front of the console.
Connect your SIXAXIS or DualShock 3 controller to the smaller end of the USB cable. Your controller is now charging.
Recharging Your PlayStation 3 Controller
Tips and warnings
- As long as your controller is connected to the console by the USB cable, it will be charging. If your notice your controller's battery getting low, plug it in and play while it's connected. This, too, will recharge the battery.
- The PlayStation 3 will only recharge your controllers when it is on or when it is in standby mode.
- Recharge your controllers often to make sure your batteries don't die in the middle of play.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for