Bmp is the file extension for bitmap files. Almost all pre-installed image editing programs that come with the initial purchase of your computer like Microsoft Paint or Mac Paintbrush support the bitmap file. If you want to animate a bmp file, you don’t have to purchase expensive and advanced animation software. Thanks to modern technology, plenty of animation generators are offered for free of use online.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Online animation generator
Navigate to Blingee.com. Blingee offers an online animation generator that is completely free to use. If you choose to sign up for a free account, you earn points for each Blingee that you create, which helps you unlock new animation tools that you can use to create future animations. You simply upload your bmp file from your computer and then click on the animations that you want to use and position them where you want them to appear on your bmp file. You can also put your Blingee creations in competitions and vote on other users’ creations as well.
Navigate to GIFup.com. This online animation generator allows you to upload numerous bmp files to the website to create an animated gif out of them, which is simply an icon that flashes through your bmp files at the speed and order in which you place the bmp files. If you only want to use one bmp file, you can simply have that one file flash over and over again at the speed of your choice.
Navigate to AddGlitter.com. This online animation generator allows you to add glitter to your bmp file. This generator requires that you provide a link to where you bmp file is located on the Internet and then it generates the bmp file with the glitter type of your choice on it. You can select from a variety of types of glitter from light shimmers to big sparkles. To use this generator, your bmp file must be hosted somewhere on the Internet like a free photo hosting website like Photobucket or Flickr.
Tips and warnings
- Copy and paste the embed code that is generated when you animate your bmp file into your social networking profile if you wish to display it there.
- Do not navigate away from the online animation generator before retrieving the code or downloading the animated bmp file to your computer because your progress will not be saved if you do.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for