There's no reason to buy both a cleaner and a conditioner to use on your leather when you can do it all in one step. Mix an inexpensive solution of linseed oil and vinegar to use on leather clothing, car leather interior, furniture, shoes and basically on any leather you'd like to keep supple and clean. Vinegar is an excellent cleaning agent and linseed oil is a conditioner. A good cleaning and conditioning of your leather is recommended once every three months for the best protection and results.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 2/3 cup linseed oil
- Container or jar with lid
- 2 lint-free cloths
Measure 1/3 cup vinegar, and place in container or jar. Measure and add 2/3 cup linseed oil.
Place a lid on the container, and shake the solution well.
Apply your cleaning-and-conditioning solution liberally onto a lint-free cloth, and clean your leather item with is, using a circular motion..
Let the solution saturate and clean the leather overnight, if possible. At least 10 hours is recommended.
Buff your leather item after the solution has had time to saturate, using the second lint-free cloth.
Store the leftover solution for future use.
Tips and warnings
- Some leather finishes, such as patent leather, require a polish instead of a conditioner for better results.
- Never use this solution on suede.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for