Shades EQ is a line of demi-permanent hair colour manufactured by Redken. Shades EQ is a professional hair colour system, so using the product is a bit more challenging than using a drugstore dye kit. You will have to mix Shades EQ -- a colour gloss -- with Shades EQ Processing solution, a developer. You can use Redken's Shades EQ to cover grey hair, to enhance your natural hair colour or to cover brassy tones.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Shades EQ
- Shades EQ Processing Solution
- Plastic or rubber gloves
- Mixing bowl
- Hair clips
- Warm water
Read instructions carefully before using any hair colour product.
Put on plastic gloves to protect your hands.
Mix Shades EQ with Shades EQ Processing Solution in a 1:1 ratio in your bowl.
Place a towel around your shoulders to protect your clothing.
Separate your hair into four sections and use hair clips to secure your hair up off your neck.
Apply the mixture to your hair at the roots, first. Next, apply the mixture to the mid-shaft and the ends of your hair.
Leave the mixture in your hair for 20 minutes.
Rinse the product from your hair with warm water.
Apply a quality shampoo and conditioner to your hair to prevent breakage and strengthen your hair. The manufacturer suggests that you use Redken Color Extend shampoo and conditioner.
Tips and warnings
- Make sure to use Shades EQ on dry hair.
- If you have access to a heat lamp, you can process your hair under the heat lamp to intensify your hair colour. People with fine hair should not use a heat lamp.
- You can use Shades EQ without the Shades EQ Processing Solution, if you do not want to lighten or lift your existing hair colour.
- Do not leave the mixture on your hair for longer than directed.
- Do not attempt to save unused mixture. Dispose of any leftover mixture by pouring it down your drain.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for