Buffing your nails is an important step of any manicure or pedicure. Buffing nails evens out ridges in the nails for a smoother feel. It also creates a beautiful shine on each nail. After using a nail buffer, your nails will look so pretty you may decide to skip the nail polish. When doing an at-home nail treatment, a professional buffer is not always handy. By using products found around the house, you can achieve smooth, shiny nails without an extra trip to the store.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- Soap and water
- Chamois cloth or a piece of soft cotton flannel
- Hand lotion (optional)
Fill a bowl with warm water and soap to soak your nails in before buffing.
Find an old, soft cotton flannel clothing piece that you no longer need. Cut a square piece of the clothing with scissors. If you already own a chamois cloth, you can use this instead.
Run the soft cotton flannel or chamois cloth from side to side across each nail until you achieve the desired look.
Place a drop of beeswax on each nail for extra shine.
Tips and warnings
- Use hand lotion after buffing for soft, irresistible hands.
- Do not buff each nail too much or the nail may begin to burn.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for