Drontal, praziquantel/pyrantel pamoate, is prescribed by veterinarians as a feline dewormer. It will rid cats of intestinal parasites such as tapeworms, hookworms and roundworms. Drontal is manufactured in tablet form and may be directly given to your cat or mixed in with its food. Once ingested, the Drontal will paralyse the worms, which then pass through the body and are eliminated in the cat's faeces. Discuss the appropriate dosage with your veterinarian.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- Spoons (2)
- Wet cat food
Place the tablet in the bowl of a spoon. Use another spoon to press down on the tablet and crush it.
Mix the appropriate dosage into a small amount of wet cat food. Mix thoroughly. Cats have a keen sense of taste and smell and may be able to detect the hidden medication. Use a cat food with a strong taste and scent. Fish based foods are pungent.
Watch your cat carefully to ensure they ingest all of the medication and that they do not vomit after eating.
Tips and warnings
- Do not give Drontal to kittens weighing less than 0.68 Kilogram or less than one month of age.
- Be careful disposing of faeces. There is the potential of human contamination.
- If you can not get your cat to eat the crushed pill in food, discuss other options with your veterinarian.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for