If you have ever been on a bicycle, you may have noticed that bicycle grease has rubbed off on your clothes. The pant legs rub against the bike chain and unpleasant grease stains appears. The grease stains can also result when you touch the bike chain and accidentally rub it on your clothing. Grease often becomes a challenge to remove because it clings to the fibres. You can remove bicycle grease from your clothing with common items found around your home.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Old towel
- Paper towels
- Talcum powder
- Liquid dishwashing detergent
- Commercial pretreating product
Open an old towel and lay it on a flat surface. Place the stained clothing on the towel with the stain facing up toward you.
Blot the excess grease with paper towels. Do not rub the grease stain because it may make it permanent.
Sprinkle talcum powder over the grease stain. Allow the powder to sit for two to three minutes, and then brush it off the clothes.
Add liquid dishwashing detergent to the stain to cover it completely. Allow it to sit for five minutes, and then wash the stain with hot water.
Place a commercial pretreating product on the stain. Follow the direction on the product, and then launder the clothing according to the care label.
Hang the clothing up to dry. If the stain still appears, pretreat it again and launder once more.
Tips and warnings
- Never place the stained clothing in the dryer. The dryer will cause the grease to become permanent. Hang the clothing to dry to ensure that you have removed the grease stain.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for