Champagne is a great drink for celebrations, such as anniversaries. Rather than just serving champagne at your party, however, you can create your own personalised champagne bottle labels and make that special moment even more special. Just add an appropriate image with a message--sincere or funny--and a bottle of champagne suddenly becomes an interesting present or a striking centrepiece to any party.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Computer with Internet connection
Visit the barrelsandbottles.com website (see the Resources section below). This particular website not only offers a broad spectrum of designs and label styles, but also lets you add personalised titles and text. Although other Internet sites offer similar services (see Resources for more links), barrelsandbottles.com gives the most customisable and professional-looking labels.
Scroll down to the "Browse Designs" button on the barrelsandbottles site. Click to reveal an extensive catalogue of champagne label templates. You'll find designs for special occasions (such as a graduations or birthdays), holidays (Christmas or Valentine's Day), and a large selection of modern and traditional styles.
Select the style you want and make a note of its design number in the top left corner of the pop up window.
Click the "Upload Photos" button to upload a photo for your bottle label. Click "Browse" to select a photo on your computer, then click "Upload." After completing this step, close the pop up window.
Scroll down the page to the "Label Design" drop-down menu. Select the label design number you noted earlier and complete the empty boxes below to add text to your label. The "Header Text," for example, might read: "This champagne has been especially reserved for..." and the "Recipient Names" box holds the name of the person or persons receiving the bottle as a gift.
For guidelines on what should go in each box, click the blue and white "How To Complete The Design Form" button.
Add the label to your shopping trolley and follow the site's purchasing procedures to finalise your design and place it on a bottle of champagne. Once you buy your label, bottlesandbarrels sends you an e-mail so you can approve your design. You may make any changes you wish before the label is printed.
Tips and warnings
- You can try other label-making websites. Champers.net offers a mass-order service for weddings and larger-scale celebrations, while nextdaychampagne.com lets you customise a banner label for the neck of the bottle, in addition to the body label. You might also try personalisedchampagnes.co.uk, a site that lets you crop and resize the image on your label (see Resources for website links).
- The websites in the Resources section are located in the U.K.; if you are purchasing from overseas you may need to pay an extra fee for international shipping.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for