Buying and selling cell phones is a fairly popular and easy way to make money. Many people throw away their old cell phones and it is not uncommon for some to get a new cell phone once or twice a year. The key to making money when selling used cell phones is to pay less for the phone than you sell it for and to find an easy way to sell them.
eBay is by far the easiest, quickest and cheapest way to begin selling cell phones for a profit.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Internet connection
- eBay account
- Digital camera
Collect several cell phones that you would like to sell. Get new phones at a discount, collect used cell phones, or pay for used cell phones.
Advertise in local papers to pay £9 for used cell phones that are less than 3 years old. Offer to pick them up to increase response. College newspapers are a great way to do this.
Put up flyers at local grocery stores, libraries and book stores advertising your desire to buy used cell phones.
Create an eBay account to list the phones you are selling.
Take pictures of the cell phones you are selling. Make notes of the model, features and accessories included.
Create a listing for the cell phone and make it live. Answer all questions in the eBay system as it takes you through the steps of creating a listing. Add a "buy now" option so someone who really wants the phone does not have to bid for it.
Research your competition on eBay. See what other sellers are offering their phones for. Sell yours for less, offer a better guarantee, or give something away to provide your buyers a reason to buy from you and not the competition.
Keep in touch with your buyers. Make sure they get their purchase and are happy with it. Ask your buyers for feedback. The higher your feedback rating the easier it is for new buyers to trust you and buy from you.
Tips and warnings
- It is best to sell phones that are less than three years old so they are not to out-of-date. Anything older than this is not likely to sell.
- Make sure you are selling phones that work.
- Make sure you have the charger and, if possible, add in a user guide or have the link to download one online to increase the value of a phone.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for