Resetting a washing machine used to be as simple as unplugging it, waiting one minute, and plugging it back in. And that's still included as one of the first steps in resetting even the most complicated digital washing machines. New digital displays mean that your washer is equipped with an internal computer that occasionally may need to be rebooted properly for your washer to function. This reboot or reset method differs from manufacturer to manufacturer.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
Reset your GE washing machine by pressing the "Off," button, waiting one minute and then pressing the "On" button.
Reset the control panel by holding down the "Back" and "My Cycles" buttons concurrently for three seconds and then releasing.
Write down any errors displayed in case your washing machine ultimately needs a service call, using a pencil and paper. If the word "More" is displayed, press "More" to identify the rest of the errors. When the display says "Exit," press "Exit."
Unplug your GE washing machine and plug it back in right away.
Press the "Power" and the "Start/Stop" button concurrently when the machine powers on until the home screen pops up, signalling that your washing machine has been successfully reset.
Unplug your Maytag washing machine for 30 seconds.
Plug your washing machine back in, and after 30 seconds, push the "Pause/Cancel/Stop" button two times. Choose a wash cycle.
Press the "Start" button until the wash cycle begins to ensure that the washing machine is functioning properly.
Maytag Washing Machines
Tips and warnings
- If you can't reach your washing machine's outlet to unplug it, turn off the circuit breaker or remove the appropriate fuse instead.
- When you unplug your washing machine, always hold the plug instead of pulling on the plug. Pulling the plug puts you at risk of major electrical shock.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for