If you carry around a lot of important information in your BlackBerry device, such as phone numbers and addresses, calendar events and notes to yourself, it's important to make sure you don't lose all that data. With the BlackBerry Desktop Manager software, which accompanies the device, you can back up all your data onto your computer. Connect your device to your computer to quickly transfer your BlackBerry phone book. This will allow to keep an extra copy of your contacts stored on your computer.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- BlackBerry Desktop Manager software
- BlackBerry device
- USB cable
Install the BlackBerry Desktop Manager on your computer. If you don't have the most updated version, download it from the BlackBerry website (See Resources).
Connect your BlackBerry to your computer via the USB cable.
Launch the BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
Click "Backup and Restore" in the top right corner.
Click "Back up."
Type a file name and destination folder to save the backup file. Click "Save."
Wait while the BlackBerry data is backed up. Disconnect the device.
Tips and warnings
- It may be a good idea to schedule recurring backups to your computer whenever you connect the device and launch the Desktop Manager. Click the "Options" tab. Select "Back Up My Device Every xx Days." Select how many days you want between each backup. Click "OK."
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for