Rhinestones add a touch of glamour and fun to any piece of clothing, and are especially popular on jeans. Commercially bought jeans with rhinestone embellishment can be very expensive, whereas making your own rhinestone jeans is fun, easy and cheap. With a little care and patience, the art of gluing rhinestones to clothing items can be mastered by just about anyone.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Washable embellishing glue
- Flat-back rhinestones
Iron the jeans so that they are very flat, and then lay them out on a flat working surface.
Place the rhinestone design onto the jeans, adjusting the design until it is the way you want it.
Take a rhinestone and place a dab of the embellishing glue (available from craft stores) on the back. Put it carefully back in its place in the design and press onto the jeans, making sure not to disturb the other rhinestones.
Repeat step 3 until all the rhinestones in the design are glued down.
Tips and warnings
- If you want rhinestones on the front and back of the jeans, wait until the glue is fully dry on one side before turning the jeans over and applying rhinestones on the other side.
- Rhinestone jeans should be gently washed---hand washing is best.
- Ironing should always be done by an adult.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for