While compact discs have always held pride of place thanks to their impressive storage abilities they are now losing prominence thanks to the advent of smaller storage tools like pen drives and SD cards. The SD card has become increasingly popular due to it's small size and portability and its use really makes things much easier. By transferring all your important information, songs or files onto a SD card, you can easily carry around everything you need without having to set aside a great deal of space or worry about the weight.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Card Reader with USB cable
- SD card with sufficient memory
Place the CD inside the drive of your computer and open the CD using "My Computer" so that you can view its contents.
Connect the USB cable of the card reader to a USB port on your computer
Insert the SD card into the card reader. Go to "My Computer" again and open the SD card in a new window so that you can see its contents.
Select the files you want to copy from your CD by dragging the mouse over each file so that they are all highlighted.
Drag the highlighted files out of the CD window and into the SD card window so that they are copied into the SD card.
Tips and warnings
- You may also choose to copy all the files from the CD window by pressing "Ctrl" and "C" together; then you can paste the files by pressing "Ctrl" and "V" (if you are working on a Windows operating system).
- If you are using a Mac operating system then use "Command" and "C" to copy the files and "Command" and P" to paste them.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for