The PlayStation 2 (PS2) may be outdated, but there are many who still enjoy using it to play video games. You can connect the PS2 directly to your PC monitor, letting you play games that will look more vivid than on a TV. A Video-to-VGA converter box, available at most electronics and computer stores, converts the PS2 video signal into one that the PC monitor can recognise and display. Neither the PS2 nor the PC monitor will be negatively affected by being used together.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Video to VGA
- PS2 on monitor
- Connect PS2 monitor
Place the PS2 next to the PC monitor. Insert the plug of the PS2 A/V connector cable into the output socket in the back of the PS2.
Plug the video RCA cable of the PS2 A/V connector cable into the video (or A/V) input of the Video-to-VGA converter box. Plug the red and white audio cables from the PS2 A/V connector cable into the red and white audio inputs of the Video-to-VGA converter box.
Plug the Video-to-VGA converter box’s power supply into the “DC” or “Power” input on the Video-to-VGA converter box. Plug the other end of the Video-to-VGA converter box’s power supply into a wall socket for power.
Attach one end of the VGA cable to the “VGA out” or “VGA” connector on the Video-to-VGA converter box. Attach the other end of the VGA cable to the VGA socket on the PC monitor. Turn on the PC monitor.
Plug the PS2’s power cord into the PS2. Plug the other end of the PS2’s power cord into a wall socket for power. Plug a PS2 game controller into one of the controller ports on the PS2.
Turn on the PS2. Enjoy playing PS2 games that are now being displayed on the PC monitor.
Tips and warnings
- The colours from the PS2 games will look more vivid on the computer monitor, so spend a few minutes calibrating the monitor to better suit the games now being played on it.
- You will need to attach audio speakers to the Video-to-VGA converter box to hear the sounds coming from the game you are playing on the PS2.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for