When a tail light bulb burns out on your Kia Sedona, you should replace it right away. Your Sedona's taillights are an important safety feature that alerts other drivers when you are stopping, turning or backing up. The Sedona tail light assembly pulls out in one piece for you to access the bulbs from behind. Purchase a replacement bulb from an auto parts store or Kia dealership.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Phillips screwdriver
Open the rear hatch of your Kia Sedona. Remove the two screws securing the light assembly with a Phillips screwdriver. The screws will be just inside the rear hatch area, one screw on the top of the assembly and one screw on the bottom.
Pull the light assembly forward out of the vehicle. Identify and disconnect the wiring harness for the bulb you need to change.
Remove the bulb from the tail light assembly. Insert the new bulb and connect the wiring harness. Insert the tail light assembly into the mounting point and secure it with the two screws.
Repeat the process on the opposite side if necessary then test the lights to be sure they are fully functional.
Tips and warnings
- Replace automotive bulbs in pairs to extend the life of the bulbs.
- Avoid touching the glass portion of a Halogen bulb. The oils in your fingers can cause the bulb to fail prematurely.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for